Sunday, May 4, 2008

Four I didn't have...

Summer Tanager; 100% sure (only two birds to confuse with...Cardinal and Scarlet Tanager, Scarlet has black wings, this one didn't)
White-breasted Nuthatch; 100% sure, I have seen this bird before and kept looking for it on the woodpecker pages of my bird guide... frustrated cause I never found the woodpecker with the black head and white face, finally figured it out today duh!
Yellow-Rumped Warbler; 95% sure, I think I saw two of them. Blue-grayish back and wings, yellow patch on side, yellow crown, white wing bars... ok I didn't see the yellow rump, which is why I put only 95% sure.
Yellow-throated Blue Warbler: ok I invented this species, because that's what I think I saw. Dark blue wings and back, very dark blue head shading into black face with yellow patch at throat. Hmmm... doesn't match anything. I called it a Yellow-throated warbler for my list, but am only about 25% sure. I'm thinking of going back to the spot later to see if I can find it again.

Life list is up to 71.

No comments: