Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cover Art (second try)



Messing about with resizing pictures so as to post them side by side...so if this entry seems a bit disorganized it's because I'm experimenting.

OK. Got it to work...

So, cover art is a favorite part of many books for me. Often I'll pick up a book to look at it because the cover catches my eye. That, of course, is what cover art is supposed to do... and sometimes a bad book will have great art (and vice versa).

The disparity between US and UK cover art is sometimes startling. The UK publishers generally have far better art than the US equivalents, at least in my opinion. It's not always the case and sometimes both are good. Pictured above are the US and UK covers for The Lies of Locke Lamora. This is a case of equal but different IMO.

But how about this one picture below (UK on the left and US on the right)?


I far prefer the UK version here.

No comments: