Friday, January 18, 2008

Board Game Geek

When I was growing up, I loved playing boardgames with my grandparents. We played Monopoly, Parcheesi, and a complicated card/board game called Coup d'Etat. I loved those evenings in my grandparents kitchen drinking soda and just being with them. I discovered Avalon Hill a few years later, and collected a number of games over the years (which I wish I still had). These "war" games never had my mother's approval, but I spent many many hours poring over the rules and setting up and playing these games.

Flash forward 30 years and I've rediscovered board games with my own children, and since boardgaming is experiencing a rennaissance, there's lots to choose from.

New (or merely new to us) games that the family is enjoying:
Carcassone (pictured) w/several addons
Ticket to Ride
Pirate's Cove
Bang! (cool western themed card game)
10 Days in the USA (mensa game that I'm not smart enough to play...but my kids love)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!