Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ah March...in like a lion, out like a lamb?

Well, I guess, as we're expecting severe thunderstorms this afternoon, and 2-4 inches of snow tonight. Sigh. Winter will not ease its grip so easily, although we are enjoying temperatures in the 70's right now.

Finished David Gemmell's Legend late last night. The legend refers to Druss the Axman, an aging warrior who goes out with one final heroic lost cause battle against overwhelming odds (something like 500,000 to 10,000). Gemmell (who died in 2006) cited a fascination with the Battle of the Alamo as inspiration for this book.

I enjoyed the book, racing through it in one day, but was a little disappointed by the contrived ending. No spoilers here however, you'll have to read it, and I think it is well worth the time.

Changed the name of this blog, as it appears that many of my posts will have to with books and reading. I'll list my progress towards a 100 books in 2008 in a later post, but suffice it to say that I'm somewhat behind pace right now. As a teacher I have more time to read in the summer months, so can afford to be a little behind come May and June.

No comments: