Friday, June 7, 2013

Outing at the Light by Heronim Wysocki

Outing at the Light by Heronim Wysocki
I recently purchased three puzzles off of eBay ... part of the Hometown Collection which is carried and sold by Mega Brands Mega Puzzles division ... yeah I know ... so far as I can tell, most of the Hometown Collection puzzles are by Heronim Wysocki, brother of Charles Wysocki. See my previous post for more information and discussion.

My first impression of the puzzle was that it was much more cheaply made than the puzzles I'm used to. Much thinner pieces. Since I bought the puzzle off of eBay, I wasn't certain whether it was used or not. Either the company or the previous owner had very considerately baggied the edge pieces ... so I wasn't sure how to proceed ...

I decided to NOT work the edge first as most people do (myself included), instead I thought that it would be interesting and fun to work from the middle out. And it was ...


The final product without edges ... turns out that edges are really easy if you do it this way. About 10 minutes was all it took to put the edges on.
edge pieces in the baggie
and finally, Heronim's trademark ... the black kitty, not really hidden in this puzzle, so it's no giveaway ...


the lower quality pieces didn't detract from the attractiveness of the picture or the enjoyment of the puzzling process. I'm glad since I have two more of them to work (and also because these puzzles are a bit less expensive than many of the other brands I like).

No comments: