Sunday, October 24, 2010

Finally!

Mizzou has lost to Oklahoma the last 11 times, including twice in 2007 (the only two losses Missouri had in a year that featured a week at #1 in the polls and a trip to the Big 12 championship game). Last night's 36-27 victory finally exorcised that demon.

I have to be honest... I went to bed. After Oklahoma took the lead at 21-20 late in the 3rd quarter, and Missouri failed to do anything in the next drive; I figured "same *&#^ different year" and wasn't up for the disappointment. Again.

I'm glad I did and I wish I hadn't. Never mind, I DVR'ed it so I can watch and bask, safe in the knowledge that Mizzou finally looks like a team that belongs in the top tier; doing the things... playing defense, controlling the line of scrimmage, rushing the football; that top tier teams do. On to Nebraska... a team that after the last several years, Missouri no longer fears.

Could this be the year??

No comments: